BOOZY HOT CHOCOLATE
Want a decadent and grown up hot chocolate? The good news is that heaven in a mug is only three ingredients away.
For the best results, use a good quality and relatively dark New Zealand chocolate (Whittakers 62% would be our top pick).
Gently melt a 250gm block of your chocolate block with a litre of cream (or a combo of cream and milk) followed by how ever many splashes of Amarula to taste.
Make it a next level cup of indulgence and create your own Winter Spice Marshmallows – it's easy if you've got a good mixer and thermometer...
WINTER SPICE MARSHMALLOW
Makes 40-50 pieces
|3 tbsp powered gelatine
||1/2 tsp ginger
|1/2 cup cold water
||1/2 tsp cloves
|1 cup white sugar
||1/4 cup water
|1 cup brown sugar
||1/4 tsp salt
|2/3 cup corn syrup
||1 tbsp vanilla extract
|2 tsp cinnamon
||icing sugar for dredging
|1 tsp allspice
1. In a bowl of an electric mixer, sprinkle gelatine over 1/2 cup of water. Soak for 10 minutes.
2. Combine sugar, corn syrup, spices and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan.
3. Bring to a boil and boil hard for 1 minute.
4. Pour boiling syrup into gelatine, and mix at a high speed.
5. Add the salt and beat for 12 minutes.
6. Add vanilla and scarpe into a 9"x9" cake tin lined with oiled plastic wrap and spread evenly. (Note: lightly oil hands and spatula).
7. After pouring marshmallow mixture into the the tin, take another piece of oiled plastic wrap and press over mixture in tin. Let mixture sit for a few hours.
8. Remove from tin, dredge the marshmallow slab with icing sugar and cut with scissors – the best tool for the job. Completely coat marshmallow in icing sugar, stick it on a skewer and voila!
< Winter Wedding Trends
Spice up your winter... >